Flag Football and Volleyball News and Events
Flag Football and Volleyball sign ups are complete and teams are full. Wait list applications are still being accepted. From time to time there are drops or injuries, so if you want your child to have a chance to play, get them on the wait list and you will be contacted if a spot opens up.
The Flag Football coaching clinic is August 15th from 10:00 a.m. until noon at Ontario Christian High School, room 14. The second clinic is August 18 beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the same location. All coaches must attend one of the two clinics. Coaches will receive their equipment and rosters at the coaching clinic.
Volleyball coaching clinic will be August 15th from 10:00 until noon at 13691 Benson Ave., Chino, Ca 91710 at the Ignite Facility.
Volleyball and Flag Football uniform pickup will be at CYAA Night at John's Incredible Pizza, September 10 from 6:00 until 9:00 p.m.. We encourage all CYAA friends and families to enjoy CYAA night at John's Incredible Pizza, located at 5280 Arrow Highway in Montclair. Wear your jerseys and have fun gaming with your friends and teammates. A percent of the proceeds go back to support CYAA. Just mention the CYAA fundraiser to the cashier when you enter!
Volleyball and Flag Football team mom meeting is September 12 at 10:00 a.m., at Ontario Christian High School, room 14.
The season begins September 19.
Basketball All Star Weekend
All Star Weekend is upon us! Come join us on June 6th as we conclude the CYAA 2015 basketball season with our 2nd Annual All Star games. First game tips off at 7:30 AM followed by other divisional all star games every hour and 15 minutes. There will be door prizes, a 3 pt contest, Coach vs CYAA alumni game, and halftime shows by To The Point Dance Studio. All games are played at Ontario Christian High School.
All Star Game Times:
7:30 - Girls Division 3
8:45 - Boys Division 3
10:00 - Girls Division 2
11:15 - 3 Point Contest
12:15 - Boys Division 2
1:30 - Girls Division 1
2:45 - Boys Division 1
4:00 - Alumni Game
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions for all sports:
1. Ontario Christian High School is where we play Soccer, Football, and Volleyball. Basketball is played at Ontario High School. It is possible that a location or time may change, as in the case of a field being re-seeded or a gym being renovated. These things happen from time to time, but we do our best to provide the best experience for all of our CYAA participants. All games are played Saturday mornings from 8:00 until approximately 1:00 depending on the sport. Schedules are announced once teams are filled... no later than the coaching clinic.
2. Ontario Christian and Ontario High School allow us to use their facilities, but CYAA is a separate entity. Do not expect the school faculty and staff to have answers to questions about our league.
3. Practice locations and times are up to the coach of each team. This is not known or scheduled ahead of time. To have control over this, volunteer to coach!
4. CYAA does not provide coaches. As a volunteer league, we rely on and encourage the families of our participants to step up and get involved!
5. Approximately 30 days before the beginning of each season, there will be a coaching clinic to help explain our rules, what we are all about, to background check the coaches, and to hand out the equipment and rosters to each coach. After the clinic, coaches will begin calling players and run practices.
6. There are 8 practices allowed before the first game of the season. After the start of the season, there is one practice per week until the end of the season. Recommended length of each practice is approximately 1.5 hours. Over two hours is not recommended.
7. Coaches should prepare a devotion for each practice or have a spiritual coach help them. It does not have to be long, but the Word should be shared with the kids at each CYAA gathering (practices, pizza parties, games).
8. We play in the rain. Only unsafe field conditions or lightning would cancel games.
Visit each sport's page above for more specific information, or contact email@example.com with any questions.