Soccer Opening Day is January 10, 2015!!
Soccer sign ups are live. However, new registrants will be placed on a waiting list for a spot to open up. This happens sometimes, so if you want to play, complete the player registration to reserve your spot in line.
Basketball registration is live for all you early birds!
Basketball season begins April 11, 2015 and concludes on June 6, 2015.
Assessments are mandatory for all ages except the K Division.
Assessment dates are February 7th and 21st from 8:00 a.m. until noon at Ontario Christian High School.
Coaching clinic dates are March 14 from 10:00 a.m. until noon and March 17 from 6:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions for all sports:
1. Ontario Christian High School is where we play Soccer, Football, and Volleyball. Basketball is played at Ontario High School. All games are played Saturday mornings from 8:00 until approximately 1:00 depending on the sport. Schedules are announced once teams are filled... no later than the coaching clinic.
2. Ontario Christian and Ontario High School allow us to use their facilities, but CYAA is a separate entity. Do not expect the school faculty and staff to have answers to questions about our league.
3. Practice locations and times are up to the coach of each team. This is not known or scheduled ahead of time. To have control over this, volunteer to coach!
4. CYAA does not provide coaches. As a volunteer league, we rely on and encourage the families of our participants to step up and get involved!
5. Approximately 30 days before the beginning of each season, there will be a coaching clinic to help explain our rules, what we are all about, to background check the coaches, and to hand out the equipment and rosters to each coach. After the clinic, coaches will begin calling players and run practices.
6. There are 8 practices allowed before the first game of the season. After the start of the season, there is one practice per week until the end of the season. Recommended length of each practice is approximately 1.5 hours. Over two hours is not recommended.
7. Coaches should prepare a devotion for each practice or have a spiritual coach help them. It does not have to be long, but the Word should be shared with the kids at each CYAA gathering (practices, pizza parties, games).
8. We play in the rain. Only unsafe field conditions or lightning would cancel games.
Visit each sport's page above for more specific information, or contact email@example.com with any questions.
Exciting news coming about CYAA expansion! We will share more information when it is official.
Pray for the Lord's blessings and guidance.
"But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!”
- Romans 10:14-15