Flag Football and Volleyball Registrations are LIVE!!
In person registration is May 9 and May 30 at Ontario Christian Middle School, 1907 S. Euclid Street in Ontario. Signups for both sports and assessments for Flag Football will be held from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 pm on these days. All players who are age 4-14 on August 1 are welcome to play! Assessments are required for all Flag Football participants, age 6 or higher. Bring cleats! The season begins September 26.
We are now a few weeks into our basketball season and the games have been exciting, the weather has been good, and the spirits of all the participants have been high. Playing outside was not our first choice, and there are a few knee scrapes to show why, but it has produced several benefits that a gymnasium wouldn't allow. It is easier to socialize and walk around. You can bring EZ-ups and your own chairs. There is easy access to multiple bathrooms. And the little kids have playground equipment to play on! We do ask that you remember that we are guests at the school, so please remember to leave the school cleaner than it was when you arrived, and to be respectful of the school's equipment, tables, etc...
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions for all sports:
1. Ontario Christian High School is where we play Soccer, Football, and Volleyball. Basketball is played at Ontario High School. It is possible that a location or time may change, as in the case of a field being re-seeded or a gym being renovated. These things happen from time to time, but we do our best to provide the best experience for all of our CYAA participants. All games are played Saturday mornings from 8:00 until approximately 1:00 depending on the sport. Schedules are announced once teams are filled... no later than the coaching clinic.
2. Ontario Christian and Ontario High School allow us to use their facilities, but CYAA is a separate entity. Do not expect the school faculty and staff to have answers to questions about our league.
3. Practice locations and times are up to the coach of each team. This is not known or scheduled ahead of time. To have control over this, volunteer to coach!
4. CYAA does not provide coaches. As a volunteer league, we rely on and encourage the families of our participants to step up and get involved!
5. Approximately 30 days before the beginning of each season, there will be a coaching clinic to help explain our rules, what we are all about, to background check the coaches, and to hand out the equipment and rosters to each coach. After the clinic, coaches will begin calling players and run practices.
6. There are 8 practices allowed before the first game of the season. After the start of the season, there is one practice per week until the end of the season. Recommended length of each practice is approximately 1.5 hours. Over two hours is not recommended.
7. Coaches should prepare a devotion for each practice or have a spiritual coach help them. It does not have to be long, but the Word should be shared with the kids at each CYAA gathering (practices, pizza parties, games).
8. We play in the rain. Only unsafe field conditions or lightning would cancel games.
Visit each sport's page above for more specific information, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.